Staff member Christa Adams received a phone call from a supporter of medical marijuana today. Here is a brief summary from Christa about what he told her.
- He said that I was uneducated. “Anyone who even has a GED would know what this law would be good for. You obviously don’t know anything, or how to do any research.”
- He said that I should go to hell (and so should Jerry). “You are not a Christian. You don’t have any compassion for people. You need to go to hell because you hate people. Jerry Cox needs to go to hell, too.”
- “You’re just a b*tch. You shouldn’t be allowed in society.”
- “I hope you can’t sleep tonight, that you just lay there thinking about how you’re going to hell because you’re not worth anything.”
- He said that I’m prideful and think I’m better than everyone else. “You’re so prideful that you think you know more than the voters. You think that you should be the dictator telling everyone in Arkansas what’s good for them. Why do you think that you’re so much smarter than everyone else, especially when you’re an uneducated b*tch.”
- He said that I’m also not a Christian because, “Jesus stayed the hell out of politics and you should too. Being a Christian should have nothing to do with what happens in politics. You should read that Bible that you’ve never looked at, if you can even understand it.”
- At the end of his offensive rant, he said, “But because I’m a Christian, I hope you have a nice day and God bless.” According to Scripture, his behavior seemed the opposite of how Christians should act. Christians don’t tell people to go to hell, or wish hell upon others, or call people obscene names.
I’ve listed a couple verses below; the bolded parts were added by me for emphasis to make a point.
“He [the Lord] is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” – 2 Peter 3:9
“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” – Ephesians 4:29