We’ve written a great deal, recently, about the growing body of evidence highlighting the dangers of marijuana. Below is a recap of some of our blog posts on the subject:
- Marijuana increasingly linked to hospitalization, death: Between marijuana-related car accidents and negative reactions to the compounds found in marijuana, medical research and reports by local media nationwide show a rise in the number of emergency room visits and deaths resulting from marijuana.
- Busting the Myth Marijuana Doesn’t Kill: Kevin Sabet breaks down the myth that marijuana doesn’t kill in this one-minute video.
- Marijuana is not “natural medicine:” Through different cultivation techniques, countless varieties of marijuana have been cultivated for “medical” and recreational use. Considering how much growers have meddled with the marijuana plant the past few decades, it’s hard to argue marijuana is “natural.”
- Researchers find marijuana smoke is as dangerous as tobacco smoke: Preliminary findings on the dangers of secondhand marijuana smoke reveal it is as dangerous as secondhand tobacco smoke. Of course, if secondhand marijuana smoke is dangerous, how safe can firsthand smoke possibly be?
- Marijuana industry donating to candidates: Marijuana is big business in several states, now, and members of the marijuana industry have actively worked to support or oppose candidates for public office.
- Study Finds Cannabis Impairs Fetal Brain Development: Cannabis use during pregnancy endangers fetal development–demonstrating, once again, that marijuana use is far from harmless.
- Facts show marijuana does not qualify as “medicine:” In this blog post we demonstrate that marijuana fails to qualify as “medicine.”
- Marijuana-use linked to schizophrenia: Multiple scientific studies and reviews conducted over the past decade–particularly in the past couple of years–are showing a clear connection between marijuana-use during adolescence and the development of schizophrenia in adulthood.
- Busting The Myth Marijuana is Harmless: Our most-read blog post of all time on the dangers of marijuana-use.