Arkansas Right to Life is hosting a reception in Little Rock in honor of Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge on Tuesday, November 15, from 5:30 – 7:30 P.M. An award will be presented to A.G. Rutledge at 6:30 P.M.
Tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased at www.artl.org.
As we have noted many times, Attorney General Leslie Rutledge has taken a decidedly pro-life stance.
- Last year she effectively asked the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn it’s 1973 Roe v. Wade abortion decision.
- She petitioned to get Arkansas’ Human Heartbeat Protection Act reinstated after part of the law was struck in court.
- She is currently defending the state’s pro-life laws against two lawsuits by Planned Parenthood.
In addition to defending human life, A.G. Rutledge and her office have taken a strong position on a number of important issues, including:
- Opposing the Obama Administration’s radical “guidelines” concerning school restrooms, showers, locker rooms, and similar facilities.
- Opposing the effort to legalize so-called “medical marijuana” in Arkansas.
- Helping defend the constitutionality of public prayer.
- Helping defend religious liberty.
- Opposing local ordinances that grant special privileges and protections based on sexual-orientation and gender-identity.