Earlier this week we told you about the U.S. Supreme Court’s favorable ruling in the case of Greece v. Galloway. The ruling affirms–once again–that legislative bodies are free to open meetings in prayer.
Today Alliance Defending Freedom has released a list of seven important things to know about the ruling. They are:
- The town of Greece is inclusive.
- Being offended does not violate the Constitution.
- The Obama administration sided with Greece.
- You are free to pray.
- Prayers must “lend gravity” to the meeting.
- The vote was 5-4.
- This decision has ramifications upon other similar cases still in progress.
You can read a short summary of each point listed above by going to ADF’s website.