Alliance Defending Freedom has assembled five reasons every American should be outraged by the Obama Administration’s HHS mandate forcing Americans to pay for contraception and abortion-inducing drugs against their deeply-held religious convictions. They are:
- If you are an employer, you may be forced to pay for health insurance that provides abortion-inducing drugs, contraception, and sterilization whether it violates your religious beliefs or not.
- If you are an employer and provide health insurance but refuse to include abortion pills, you may be fined $100 per employee per day.
- If you are an employee where your conscience about abortion-inducing drugs, contraception, and sterilization was previously respected, you may now be forced into a health plan that violates your religious beliefs.
- If you are an employee who refuses coverage, you will be fined the greater of either the cost of the plan or 1% of your salary for the first year, 2% of your salary the second year, and 2.5% each year after that.
- Finally, you should be concerned that Planned Parenthood helped craft the mandate and applauded the abortion pill mandate’s provisions. This is not surprising when you consider Planned Parenthood is the largest provider in America’s abortion industry.
We have written about this topic before. The mandate is currently set to affect religious employers this August.
Jerry is the founder and president of Family Council. He began Family Council in 1989 after a successful effort to amend the Arkansas Constitution to prevent the use of public funds for abortions. He and his wife reside in Little Rock. They have four sons.