Today, the Senate Judiciary Committee began confirmation hearings for U.S. Supreme Court nominee Judge Sonia Sotomayor. Some people believe her confirmation may be a “done deal,” but she does have opposition. Some of it, like the National Rifle Association, is pretty substantial.
Letters in Opposition to Date
- National Rifle Association – Dated 7/7/2009 – Signed by Chris Cox
- Judicial Watch – Dated 7/7/2009 – Signed by Thomas Fitton, President
- Gun Rights Leaders – Dated 7/7/2009 – Signed by Sandra Froman (former president, NRA), plus 11 others
- Concerned Women for America – Dated 7/9/2009 – Wendy Wright, President
- Fidelis – Dated 7/10/2009 – Brian Burch, President
- Americans United for Life – Dated 7/10/2009 – Dr. Charmaine Yoest, President and CEO (w/ 10 question attachment)