June 15, 2016 | Posted in Abortion | By

According to recent polling by Gallup, a majority of Americans believe abortion ought to be illegal in some or all cases.

Last month Gallup found 19% of Americans believe abortion ought to be illegal under all circumstances and 50% believed abortion ought to be legal only under certain circumstances. Altogether, that represents 69% of American adults.

Additionally, Gallup found more Americans believe abortion is morally wrong than morally acceptable (47% vs. 43%, respectively).

Last year Gallup found an increasing percentage of Americans say they will only vote for a candidate who shares their views on abortion.

These poll findings come as abortion in Arkansas continues to decline. The number of abortions performed in Arkansas fell by more than 500 last year.

Jerry is the founder and president of Family Council. He began Family Council in 1989 after a successful effort to amend the Arkansas Constitution to prevent the use of public funds for abortions. He and his wife reside in Little Rock. They have four sons.