Yesterday Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson as well as several doctors and medical experts issued a straightforward fact sheet explaining why marijuana is not medicine.
Among other things, the experts noted that:
- Marijuana has not been tested or approved by the FDA.
- Chronic marijuana smoking is associated with chronic bronchitis, chronic cough, increased sputum and increased wheeze.
- Adolescent marijuana use is linked to impaired school performance & increased drop out rates.
- Habitual adolescent users are at significant risk of permanent cognitive impairment.
- Nearly 1 in 10 people who experiment with marijuana will become addicted.
- Regular marijuana use is associated with an increased risk of anxiety and depression.