Yesterday the state’s Medical Marijuana Commission awarded five licenses to grow marijuana in Arkansas following months of controversy and legal battles.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that licenses were issued to:
- Natural State Medicinals Cultivation of Jefferson County
- BOLD Team of Woodruff County
- Natural State Wellness Enterprises of Jackson County
- Osage Creek Cultivation of Carroll County
- Delta Medical Cannabis Company of Jackson County
The Arkansas Constitution lets cities and counties vote to prohibit marijuana farms and stores by circulating petitions to place the issue on the ballot.
If you want to learn more about how your county can prohibit marijuana farms and stores, contact our office at (501) 375-7000.
Photo by My 420 Tours [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], from Wikimedia Commons.
Jerry is the founder and president of Family Council. He began Family Council in 1989 after a successful effort to amend the Arkansas Constitution to prevent the use of public funds for abortions. He and his wife reside in Little Rock. They have four sons.