Recently we wrote out a few points analyzing Arkansas’ 2013 abortion statistics. Today we have compiled additional statistics on abortion in Arkansas for the past 13 years.
- The largest number of abortions performed each year were on women ages 20 – 29.
- Abortions on women 29 years of age and younger have generally declined since the year 2000.
- Women ages 30-34 and women ages 40 and older had more abortions in the year 2013 than they did in the year 2000, although the numbers rose and fell some during the intervening years.
- Abortion among women ages 35-39 has fluctuated without showing the same consistent, significant decline we see in younger age groups.
- The number of abortions performed on women ages 40 and older was higher from 2001 – 2013 than in the year 2000.
It is interesting that while abortion has dropped among women under 30, the number of abortions performed on women 30 or older has remained roughly the same or risen slightly since 2000. We hope to have more information on these trends in the future.
Below are charts and graphs showing abortion trends among each age group of women in Arkansas from 2000 to 2013: