On Thursday Planned Parenthood Great Plains Votes Arkansas — Planned Parenthood’s political action committee in Arkansas — endorsed five candidates for the state legislature.
The candidates are:
- Clarke Tucker for Arkansas Senate District 32
- Suzie Bell for Arkansas House District 97
- Daisy Bonilla for Arkansas House District 93
- Rep. Tippi McCullough for Arkansas House District 33
- Rep. David Whitaker for Arkansas House District 85
Planned Parenthood’s political action committee has been actively fundraising this year, and the organization already has endorsed other candidates for the state legislature.
In May Planned Parenthood Action Fund endorsed two federal candidates from Arkansas as well.
Last fall Planned Parenthood’s super PAC pledged to spend at least $45 million on the 2020 election, with four main goals:
- Defeat President Trump
- Flip the U.S. Senate from Republican to Democrat
- Maintain Democratic control over the U.S. House of Representatives
- Support liberal candidates in state races